Friday, September 26, 2008

T.G.I.F.

Why is that school mornings NEVER go smoothly? It seems there hasn't been one day this school year that we aren't rushing or I don't have fighting kids before school. It makes me crazy. The little ones like to sleep in and every morning I go wake Cody up he says "I wanna take a nap for just a little bit longer, I'm so tired Mom!" Josh is a lollygagger. That cute kid does not have the word hurry in his vocabulary. It drives me crazy sometimes. And the madder I get the slower he gets! He doesn't give a dang that I get frustrated. Josh does things on his terms.

So of course this morning was no different. I had to be somewhere by 9 so it was a little more frustrating than usual. The older boys sit on the couch and yell at the little ones to hurry up but don't offer any assistance to get the process moving quicker. I'm trying to get ready all the while sweating like a pig. For some reason when I'm in a hurry and rushing I get to sweating and it only makes the situation more maddening. So I finally got them out the door and had to walk Cody to class, another extra thing I had to do this morning that isn't part of my normal routine. I had to let his teacher know he would be going home with a friend. So by the time all is done for the morning routine I am late getting to where I need to be! I should be used to the way things go with kids by now.

So I had zoning class today from 9-3! Those are long days when I have to do that. I was so glad to get home. I missed hanging out with Cody today. I always miss my kids when they aren't around to drive me crazy. I love them tons. So when I got home we hung out at the park with some neighbors. It was fun until one of them starting talking about being a democrat. Talk about making someone bonkers! I mean, you know, if you want to be a democrat that's fine. We live in a free country and my husband is in Iraq defending that freedom but don't talk about the other party. Especially when you don't know who the person you're blabbing to is rooting for.

So we ended the neighborly visit and went to Little Ceasar's for $5 pizzas. I didn't feel like cooking tonight. I tried to eat healthy and went to Subway. I later found out after eating my sub that I would have been better off eating 2 pieces of pepperoni pizza! Dang it! So I went over my calorie goal for day! Oops. Oh well, there's always tomorrow. Until then...........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog!!! Love it.. you are so funny! I enjoyed your rantings.. they are real and so fun to read.. You have a great family and you are right.. we are jealous or your amazing tan and adorable husband! lol...you are too cute! Keep up the blogging!!