Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday....

I'm kind of glad Easter is over. Mostly because we had to speak in church today and also because I couldn't stop eating the candy I had purchased for Easter baskets. I had to replace 2 bags cuz I couldn't stay out of it. It was a good day otherwise. Went to church, had a big, delicious meal and then let the kids dye eggs and had an egg hunt. Instead of filling the eggs with candy I had some spare change to put in them. The little kids got a head start since I knew the older kids would be acting crazy out there trying to scoop up all the ones with the money. Cody was pretty irritated when he came back with only 50 cents. Believe me, it wasn't big money. There was no more than 25 cents in each egg. There was one egg, though, that I had put a dollar in and that was the grand prize egg. Josh found that one. We were thinking there was another egg out there that hadn't been claimed and Cody was determined to find it. He searched and searched and came up empty handed. After the whining and moaning we had to hear I won't be doing money again.

Charles woke me up at 7 a.m. He got up to prepare for his talk and rustled in the bed until I was wide awake. So I decided to get on up and put the finishing touches on mine as well. We still had some time to snuggle in for a short nap. I already had the covers up to my neck ready to nestle back in when the phone rang. It was the 2nd counselor in the bishopric asking if he could stop by our house at 10:20. I said sure, knowing he was going to extend a call to one of us. So, needless to say, we didn't get to snuggle back in. I had to get up and get ready. It was actually nice since we weren't running around last minute getting everything ready. The visit resulted in me being asked to be the Primary 2nd counselor....again. I've had this calling before and I actually prefer being in Primary. I just don't like teaching or speaking in front of adults. I guess you do get used to it if you have to do it often. I just prefer kids. They don't judge you and they never know when you screw up.

Oh yeah, I do have more good news....I found someone that knows how to cut my hair decent! I'm thrilled! And it only cost $16.95.

5 comments:

Matt and Jade said...

I thought putting money in them was a good idea. At least they had fun. Congrats on the calling and your new hair dresser.

Anonymous said...

well heck Ashley.. I was thinking that is what I was going to be called into was the Primary.. but I lucked out, Matt pulled me aside and told me they are keeping me where I am.. it was going to be a calling in the R.S.. what the h. I am thankful Matt saved me, well at least right now I am saying that!! You are so cute, tell your kids to be thankful for their quarters..all Parker got was candy and small toys.. he would have loved the quarters:) I am glad you found someone good to cut your hair..and cheap too! I am jealous!!

Elder Quinn Kay Longhurst said...

Congrats on the Primary Calling! I really miss the primary. I love it when I get to sub for one of the teachers in there. Kids are the best! You can always count on a good laugh when you go to primary.

Trisha said...

Yeah Ashley. I am so excited about the hair stylist. I am thankful to you for finally hooking me up with a good one (even though I haven't been in forever). What an emotional day. I will have to tell you all about it. They had the veterans from the navy at the graveside to salute him. Tears, tears, tears!!!!

Trisha said...

Oh yeah, I am glad Matt came to the rescue for Kari because last time is was "dang those Budge's"
We really are trouble makers though!!!