Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Why is it that people's failures makes us feel more comfortable? Why is it that some people can't feel genuine happiness for others? There was a guy that spoke briefly about this during church this past Sunday. I was quite intrigued that he spoke about it because that characteristic bugs me in a person and I have noticed it quite a bit throughout my life. I can't say that I haven't fallen into this category :( When you're trying the best you can in life and things seem to never go your way but over in the corner is someone that seems to always have things go right. It can get a little frustrating when you feel picked on. I guess it's just our perception of things. We see things worse about ourselves than what other people see. It sucks, I know. But, for some reason I seem to feel much more comfortable around people who have had a few hard knocks. People that have had to make it on their own in life. I like just plain 'ol blue collar folks, that live pay day to payday and don't need the finer things in life. It's ok to have a white collar job and live a blue collar lifestyle. People that can do that are so much more fascinating to me and more enjoyable to be around. I was listening to a story today about a girl that has had a pretty rough life. To look at her though, things seem to be perfect. Once I heard the story I wanted to get to know her. Not to feel more comfortable about myself but to meet someone that can rise above it despite her obstacles. I love stories like that. The ones where mommy and daddy fixed everything are boring and predictable.

People that can't give compliments are hard to be around. I mean if someone looks cute, tell them . If you notice someone has lost weight, say something. Don't be pissed because you haven't had the motivation to do it. Give someone a dadgum compliment. It's so irritating when people just can't say something nice about someone else.... just some thoughts I've had today :)

Well I've been making Father's Day stuff all this week! I've been pretty crafty. I made a cute photo block on Monday and then last night at church I made a tie! They're both cute. I didn't want to over spend considering what I received for Mother's Day and all. For anyone wondering if I truly won't get Charles anything for Father's Day, the answer is no. I can't go a holiday like that and not recognize him. For the feminist reading this, I'm sure that's enough to piss you right off. BUT....even though he is a big ding dong at times, I do love him, he is the father of my 4 kids and when he retires, from the army in 6 years, I'm getting a new car and a vacation :) That last part is seriously true.

No comments: