Tuesday, June 16, 2009

We really need to move to a state that does year round school! School has been out long enough. I usually start to go crazy around the 3 week mark and here we are! August 6 can't get here soon enough.

The weekend was good. Charles and I went out for our anniversary on Saturday night since we weren't going to be able to do anything on Sunday. The town we live in isn't very exciting so we did the standard dinner date. Charles had heard something about this place called The Hummingbird Grille. It sounded good enough so he gave them a call and asked if we needed reservations and the guy told him it was recommended. He penciled us in for 6:30. We headed out about 30 minutes after the reservations were made. I was wanting to go to the German Cafe but Hummingbird Grille it was! We never eat out so we were excited to get away from kids and cooking. Mostly I was. We pull up in the nearly empty parking lot and walk to the entrance where we were greeted by the hostess. It looked pretty fancy and there was only one other table being occupied. I was spmewhat surprised since they told Charles reservations were recommended. We sit down and the menus were brought to us.......I opened mine and was immediately irritated. There were about 6 things to choose from on the entire menu. That's including appetizers. We looked at each other at the exact same moment and Charles says to me "do you want to get out of here?" I say "hell yes." He wonders if we will have any dignity left if we just walk out. The waitress is making her way over at the exact moment we had decided to blow the joint. Charles, being the most unconfrontational person I know, is worried if the waitress will feel bad. I told him to let's just go and not worry about it. When we informed her we were leaving she was surprised and wasn't quite sure how to react. Here's the deal.....we NEVER eat out, so when we do, I am not going to just settle. I'm going to eat something that's worth eating out for. So we headed to the German Cafe and it was delicious! Just in case you're wondering :)

I'm pretty sure the mice are all gone. We've had no activity in a few days. I'm seriously hoping 7 mice is all that got in. As if that isn't enough. That's all the excitement I have to report for now.

1 comment:

Matt and Jade said...

Matt gets horrified when I want to leave also, and we eat out a lot. I have never been to that Restaurant, where is it? Happy Anniversary, bytheway.