Tuesday, June 9, 2009

just some thoughts....

I forgot to mention in yesterday's post about my award winning peanut butter chocolate cake! It fetched $80 at the church fundraiser for the youth! I made the same cake that I had made in April for Ryan's birthday. You know the one that Charlie had crapped up? Yeah it fetched 80 big ones, so that helped out a lot with the $200 scout camp. It pays to be a good baker!

Ok, last night Charles and I rented a redbox movie. We rented He's Just Not That Into You. Now, that movie just down right pissed me off. I know that our views on life and relationships differs somewhat from most people in the world. This movie portrayed, what I assume, the way most single folks, with no morals, feel about relationships. The one character that bugged me the most was Scarlet Johansson's. She meets a married man and feels that because she couldn't stop thinking about him she was entitled to get what she wanted. She thought is must be right since this married man wasn't leaving her mind. Her friend assures her just because he's married doesn't mean he can't be THE ONE. By the way, she does end up sleeping with the married man in the movie. Can you believe that crap? I was irritated most of the day about this movie. Then, today while I was at the pool with all of my sons this woman walks in with the most revealing swimsuit on. First i was trying to figure out why in the world you would be wearing a suit like what she had on to a pool like the one we were at. It's an indoor pool on post that is used mostly for people trying to get exercise by swimming laps and moms with kids. There is usually nobody around to gain attention from. BUT.....today there just so happened to be a group of military guys doing some water training exercises. This woman looked like a dirty tramp. She had tattoos completely covering her right arm. She was deliberately trying to be revealing by pushing her chest out. Everything but the nipple of her boobs were exposed. I was mortified since my 12, almost 13 year old, son was with me. I wondered if she somehow knew these guys were going to be there. She never even got her hair wet and only stayed less than an hour. I just do not understand this behavior. It was the same way in Vegas. Women were dressed like dirty tramps trying to get a man's attention. Do women not realize when they perform these tactics they are attracting the wrong kinds of men? It seems like this may be a reason for so many failed marriages. People are physically attracted to someone but when the rubber meets the road there is no substance to the relationship. Anyway, it was very hard not to judge the tramp, I mean woman, at the pool. Not one good thought went through my mind about her. I just imagined her being someone like Scarlet's character. I can't think of anything more selfish than infidelity. I've known some great women who have been devasted by infidelity and this may be why it pisses me off so badly. What is so baffling to me is that women find married men who would cheat on their wives attractive. I can't think of anything less attractive. Bunch of a-hole people. Anyway, I've just been a little bugged about that today and thought I would write my frustrations to get them off my chest. Oh yeah one more story along these lines....a man comes into the ER where someone close to me works. He is complaining of back pain and doesn't know what's going on. The doctor runs a plethora of tests and determines he is in the final stages of full blown AIDS! The man told the doctor to not let his wife know. They have kids together and chances are have been intimate during the time he has had this disease. Unbelievable.....the degree of selfishness of some people!

3 comments:

Holly Long said...

I rented that movie last night and hated it! Seriously, it just ticked me off. To make up for it I stayed up an extra couple hours to watch another movie. The cheating chick...oh I wanted to punch all of them!

Trisha said...

I want to sell an $80 cake. That is awesome. I can't wait for some of your bakin'. I can't afford $80 but we will have to plan on having some of that cake.

Can't wait to see you guys!

Rachel M said...

Thanks for the warning...wont be renting that one. That just makes me sick! That and the woman wearing nothing to the pool....good grief!

Nice job on the cake!!!