Thursday, December 10, 2009

Tis the season

I love this time of the year but it seems to bring out my not so compassionate side. It seems that people that need stuff always try to tug at your heartstrings around the holidays. I have learned that there are 2 kinds of people in this world.....givers and takers. The takers seem to always be able to seek out the givers. I hear about so many people that are always getting something for nothing and I wonder how they can always seem to find a good deal and so much for free. Well...here's how they do it.....they spend A LOT of time trying to get something for nothing. I don't have time to waste trying to find crap like that and seeking out things without having to work for it. It seems as though people have forgotten the value of hard work and that if you want something you HAVE to work for it. Welcome to the real friggin world folks! Please tell me why I have to work hard for what I receive and others think they can sit and beg me for what I've earned. It irritates me! I seem to notice this a little more around the holidays.You have people telling you what they need and why they can't do it for themselves and why you need to be the one to step in and do it. So here's a little advice for all the takers out there that are so used to people stepping in and doing for them.....do something for someone else this year and I promise you'll forget about your worries. Stop wondering who will rescue you and figure it out for yourself once. I know, I mean! I promise you, you can do it. Now grow up! Oh and one more thing, the takers and the dependent upon others are always the ones that never seem to mind putting others out. It's as though they think they are entitled to be a pain in the butt. It is completely frustrating. Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Holly Long said...

Ashley, you're awesome! I couldn't agree with you more! I hope you all have a great holiday!

ericka said...

Amen! And hopefully at least one glommer or moocher or sucker-onner reads your blog and feels like you're talking to them and decides they want to do things differently!