Monday, January 25, 2010

A day in the life

I like having the little counter on this blog. You can see who reads it and who comes back for more! Rather interesting! Now lately I have had quite the foreign audience. Greece, Angola, Asia, Hungary, Germany, United Kingdom, Spain, Brazil, Denmark and Portugal! I'm not sure if I think that's cool or scary! Maybe they like the feisty American woman:) or maybe I was the next one to pop up when they were blog surfing! I did have a French follower for a while but I haven't seen them around for some time now. Oh speaking of blog surfing, I've been getting a lot of those lately and one of them even left a comment. I actually had it posted but then I deleted it because it irritated me. Here's why it irritated me....first of all the gal was 25 and I didn't even know her. No spouse or kids and probably not near the life experiences we've had. 2nd-Leaving a comment on someone's blog that I am not familiar with or know anything about their life experiences is definitely not something I would do. Now, I'm sure she is a great person. She's in in a bible group and a lover of poetry. (read her profile) But what irritated me the most is the fact that she had no idea about each individual situation I was even speaking of. She tried to give me advice on something she new absolutely nothing about. Completely frustrating. She compared our help to gas and groceries and the help we have rendered goes well beyond petty things. What's wrong with expecting some gratitude when you've done something nice for someone. I don't expect accolades and praises and a million thank you cards or a single thing in return but a simple thank you and the attitude of pay it forward....is that too much to ask? Jesus Christ, the savior of the world, expected gratitude when he cured the lepers. Only one of them came back to him to say thank you and he asks where the others were. So I don't think I'm out of line to expect a thank you when you have gone above and beyond what the Lord expects from you! But I appreciate your looking at my blog Susan from Toledo! But know what you're talking about BEFORE you comment on a stranger's blog next time.

So, I keep reading how marvelous running is for you. I have read it in magazines, I hear it from doctors, weight trainers, the list goes on. I know this information is correct. However, I hate running. I can ride a bike for miles, walk forever, train on the elliptical without difficulty and I love to swim but I just can't seem to be able to acquire a love for running. It hurts every thing on this body. Plus, everything bounces when I run and it's rather embarrassing. But I am determined. So I got out with my dog today, who loves to run, and she inspired me. I figure I will start small and work my way up. Today I ran about a mile and thought my chest was on fire and would explode out of my body. It may have been less than a mile but it sure felt like about 5 miles. I'll keep you posted on my progress but don't get too excited. And I promise you now, I will never desire to run a marathon :)

4 comments:

The Bodily Family said...

I totally agree with you. I've about decided not to send any more gifts to my family in Indiana. I spend all this $ on them and do they pick up the phone to say thank you or even I got the package. NO! BTW I saw you running and you looked so cute with your dog. I decided after seeing you that I needed to go running too. I think the bouncing around is what makes you shed the weight faster.

Trisha said...

Just so you know Susan, I too felt like you were commenting on something you knew nothing of. I found your comment very....well, interesting, but out of line on the matters Ashley speaks of.

Ashley, get your butt back here so we can do that jogging together. :)

Ginny said...

Ash, you are not alone with the running thing. My stumpy legs can't handle a treadmill like a bike or an elliptical. It's a big plus that you're trying it out after you've been in the exercise habit for a while; that gives you a huge advantage. Hang in there! Before you know it, you and Charles will be running 5Ks together. Love & Hugs!

ericka said...

Hmmm, very interesting....In my humble opinion, the only reason that posting would bother someone is if they are in fact the type that mooch and glom off of people like you and Charles. That posting didn't bother me in the least, in fact, while reading it, I was thinking of all the people that do and have taken advantage of people. Moochers like for others to think they can't do for themselves. Anyone that read that posting and was offended has obviously mooched and thought no one noticed!