Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My life as.....

a blank........you fill it in. I was told recently that I don't update my blog enough. I know I should write more since I use this as an outlet and a journal per se. BUT....I don't. Sometimes I feel like I complain a little too much on here. I especially feel that way when I come across all these other blogs that talk of the goodness that people put out in the world, like avocado mousse and vintage aprons and cute, well dressed kids and of course perky, round boobs. But I guess you don't have to read my blog if you don't want to :)

So what's everyone's thoughts on Obama's speech to all the school aged youngsters? Wanna hear mine? Good....I think he's an idiot. I think he wants to control the American population and he is punishing the hard working Americans. I think he promotes indolence and who does he think he is trying to help our kids set education goals. First of all, he isn't even on the level of middle class America. He sends his kids to a $29K a year private school. Thank you, Mr. President, but leave my kids up to me. I think I can handle it. I think he had ulterior motives. I don't trust that man. It's not because he's black or because he's democrat. As much as I disliked Clinton I wouldn't have been opposed to a speech given by him to school kids. There's just something about Obama that reminds me of the Jihadists :-| That's what I think about that!

So....over 14 years ago Charles gave me an engagement ring. He spent about $300 on the ring and the band. I have worn them ever since. After I graduated high school I flew to St. Louis and took a 2 hour bus ride to visit him at Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri. This is when he gave me my engagement ring. I was so proud of that thing! I stayed at this dump of a motel when I arrived in Missouri and Charles came over as soon as he could. He was dressed in his class A's and we walked to a nearby gas station to get some supplies. I left my ring set at the hotel. When we arrived back to the room our door was wide open. I was a little concerned and when we stepped inside there was a chubby, black lady standing there holding my ring box. I asked if I could help her and she put the ring down and said no and acted as if it was completely normal to be gazing at someone's belongings without their permission. I was sure if we had been any later the rings would have been gone. Well, I wake up Saturday morning and look down at my hand and notice that my diamond had fallen out of my ring! I have been sick about it ever since. That ring holds so much sentimental value to me. When I look at that ring memories of my life with Charles flood my mind. I have spent nearly half of my life with him. At least it's just the diamond that was lost and not the ring itself. I don't even know where it would have fallen out so of course I had no idea where to even start looking. It wasn't a big diamond by any means but it holds big memories of where we came from and how far we've come. Dadgummit!

We had Josh's baptism on Saturday and it was great! Events like that are always nice to have behind you! Not that I don't love them but that the stress of it all is over :) Next big event will be my know-it-all son turning 13 next month! He will officially be smarter than me on the 14th of October!

2 comments:

Bryan & Bobbie said...

First, I would like to say that that was a very well spoken opinion about our (clear my throat) President. About your ring, that is so sad to hear you lost your diamond. That same thing happened to my mom's ring a few years back, it devastated the heck out of her. I am glad you still have the ring.

Trisha said...

That is crazy about your ring. My sis-in-law just blogged about loosing her diamond about a month ago. What the heck?
I guess none of our school got to watch the speech because the computer froze up!!!