Monday, July 20, 2009

We're not perfect.....we know this

I will give you a glimpse of just how not perfect we are. I have NEVER tried to look perfect for those of you that may not know me well.

Sundays are long days for Charles, and for me too, for that matter. He leaves at 10:30 for meetings and usually doesn't get home until 5:30 or 6. Well yesterday was no different. I arrive home with the kids around 4:15 and promptly start making dinner. I am good at making sure Charles has something hot to eat after his long Sundays. Well, we notice the dang dog has something hanging out her backend. Ryan gets a gander at what it is and tells me it's a turd. Oh for heaven's sake! Well, get her out of the house, I tell him! Didn't want dog turds smeared somewhere in my house. I figured I would let Charles take care of it when he arrived home. I know this isn't very nice of me, but I am not digging in a dog's butt to loosen up a turd. This has happened to Dixie before, when Charles was in Iraq. I paid $70 to the vet so I wouldn't have to deal with it. I told Charles what the vet had done last time so he could render the same service to Dixie this time. He was quite the sport about it! Hey, I made dinner! We compromise in this house. He shaved her butt and got to work. He fixed her right up and saved us at least 70 bucks. I sure love him. I know Dixie appreciates him too! Oh and the miracle medicine that helped her stop yelping when she had to go to the bathroom....Carmex! So if your dog ever has a raw butt...now you know what to use! Way to go Charles! He's my jack of all trades!

4 comments:

ericka said...

I really love how Ryan is cracking up in the picture! He is definitely ours!

Trisha said...

This is hilarious. Too bad you guys don't live here because we could call on Charles to shave Roxie's rear if it ever happened to her again. Remember how bad hers was just before you guys left? YUCK. UGH. I am gagging.

Bryan & Bobbie said...

I thought for sure your gonna end up saying she had a worm hanging out her hind end. I had a dog with that, it was so nasty. I don't know if I would have dug all around in a dog's poo hole though, props to Charles and to Dixie, I wouldn't let anybody do that to me. NASTY!

Ashley said...

Bryan, apparently it's like a diaper rash on a dog! That's why I paid $70 to the vet when it happened while Charles was gone. I was not about to dig around in a dog's butt.